3 Years Have Passed.


3 Years Have passed.


Seven years ago I very proudly became a parent for the first, but not last, time. Three years ago I came up with the bright idea of writing a blog detailing my experiences as a stay at home dad, with the hope of helping out my fellow house husbands the world was beginning to hear about and relieve some of the stress from the actual job. However, as with most things in my life, the enthusiasm drained away and I stopped after 3 articles (the daytime TV interviews just didn’t happen and if I’m not going to meet Phil and Holly what was the point.)
Why then, after 3 long years, am I doing it again? I could lie and talk of a sense of duty, or that I have a responsibility to continue to spread the word of the often mis-understood house dad. Was it because I saw the hundreds, nay, thousands of new bloggers treading all over the path I felt a little bit precious about? Well ‘no’ to all of that. Back in January 2015 I posted my articles on Google+ and thought nothing of it. Then in a moment of peace during this summer break I googled myself (don’t lie, we’ve all done it) and was very surprised to see myself on the first page. Curious, I clicked the link and to my astonishment discovered that in 20 months over 22,000 people had read my articles. That’s over 1 thousand views a month, more than 30 a day for over a year and a half. I was gob smacked.
Now those who know me may be surprised that I was surprised.Believe me, it does something to your soul when you realise you may not be quite as useless as you thought you were; although still no word from Phil and Holly, not even Lorraine. The wonderful wife, as is her want, just looked at me in that “I told you so” way, women do so well. So, here we are again. I shall now endeavour to start again, not stop, not look at viewing numbers or have that mad urge to watch _______(insert your own favourite box set) again. Seven years since this journey began I shall reload twitter, shake down the old Facebook page and caress Google+ and once again blog as a stay at home dad.
I only hope you enjoy. (P.S Holly, I’m not really that bothered about meeting Phil).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21st Century Problems.