Angry from Manchester.

Anger. That's what I'm feeling right now. Nothing but anger. For those of you who read this blog and employ people you may want to read this post twice. For those of you who are employed, please read and feel the anger of hundreds and thousands of people like me. For those of you who are like me, scream. No matter where you are, scream, you're allowed to, there's no law against it, just do it, you deserve it.

In case you're not there yet, my anger is due to my employment status and that feeling that the whole world is against me. Interviews since September, lots. Down to the final few, lots minus 1, job offers, zero, zilch, nada, none, sweet FA. You know this, dear reader, I've written about it before, you also no my feelings on the word "experience" I just wish employers knew the meaning of the word. Honestly, ask any stay at home parent what "experience" they have for any role and take 10 steps back so you don't get caught in the blast zone. But todays anger hits a new level.

Not only has a future employer questioned my experience for a role (really, that child out of college has more "experience" than me, the one in the too big suit will be more reliable than this old codger, the one looking at their shoes will be a better long term employee, really? Seriously, really?) but  lately my gender was put into the mix. Forgive me, I live in 2018, the stats show we are the fastest growing demographic in the country, stay at home dads are no longer a freak show, we are the product of a long thought out process with our partners and we are just as capable as women.

Aaaaarrrgggghhhh. I can't believe I'm still writing this rubbish after nearly eight and a half years. "We were ideally looking for a woman" I was told. Why? Just to put you in the picture this was for a receptionists job at a secondary school. Was it an all girls school you may think. No. Just an ordinary school full of ordinary mixed sex children, ordinary mixed sex staff and ordinary mixed sex people walking/phoning/writing/emailing into reception. But in their wisdom what could have been my future employer has decided that this isn't a role for a man.

100 years since women were given the vote some may think "Ha, have a bit of that medicine" but, for fear of overusing a word, really? I've been trying, I mean really trying, to help out my family, to improve our circumstances and to contribute to the world I live in but I'm beginning to lose the will. I started this blog to give an insight into the world of a stay at home dad, to even try and help others in my position and, if I'm having a really good day, make people laugh. But now I seem to moan, and moan a lot. I don't want to, I don't mean to and I really never plan to but some days, some days I want to scream (I scared a few people but hey, it's not against the law) and I get angry. Angry parents are not good parents, angry people don't write good applications and angry people shouldn't write blogs.

But write I do, I feel a little better but I'm still unemployed. Time for a cup of tea. (I'm British, it's what we do).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Years Have Passed.

Previous Posts.