Accidental Houselife 2.0.

Two golden rules to writing a blog.

1. Don't write about your politics.
2. Don't write about religion.

These were the two thoughts I have always carried in my mind as I made a forlorn attempt to create a popular and widely read blog. Through this time I've voted in elections, made my opinion on Brexit known only to the ballot box and sat through countless school assemblies and Nativity plays without ever encroaching on these two rules.

Well, I've suffered from writers block for over 2 months now and I've finally realised why. By editing myself, censoring even, my brain has given up thinking interesting thoughts whilst stood in front of the laptop. Every time I thought of something I'd like to put on the screen I've stopped. I've stopped, censored and edited and realised that what was about to be written I didn't want to put my name to. I began to concern myself with what people would think, what they would say. If they were offended would they read what I wrote next? When I reached this realisation I became very worried.

What message (should they ever grow up and decide to read Daddies words) am I delivering to my kids? On so many fronts what am I telling them about who to be and how to act? In our house we talk. About everything. The wonderful wife and I have been married 13 years this summer and together for 18 and we disagree. We disagree on many things and we don't hide it from the kids. Honest communication is key to a fulfilled life, intelligent communication is how issues become resolved, informed debate is how we move forward both in life and with relationships. So why oh why did I feel the need to censor myself whilst writing when I would never dream of doing so in life?

So welcome to Accidental Houselife 2.0. It will be different. It may cause offence, it may (hopefully) spark debate, it may (fingers crossed) make you laugh, or at least chortle, and it may (sorry but not sorry) make you cry but it will always be my honest take on how I see life. These are the thoughts of a 40 something stay at home dad of two, enjoy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Years Have Passed.

Previous Posts.